Caring for your clothing is an easy way to ensure it lives a little longer in your wardrobe, but also to reduce your carbon footprint. From garment care to second use, read our tips on how to care for each garment the best way.
Skip the dryer and air dry by hanging or flat drying your clothes as often as possible. That saves a lot of energy and is much gentler on the fabrics.
Drying & Steaming
Here are some tips when steaming:
How to Care for your Delicate Blouses
Here’s how you easily can wash by hands:
Like all cellulosic fibres, ENKA® and ECOVERO ™ styles shrink about 3-5% when washed. However, when carefully steamed or ironed on low heat the garment will return to its normal shape and size. You can also carefully stretch the item back to its normal size. Never place your delicate blouses in the dryer because it may shrink.
To remove wrinkles, we recommend steaming for the best and safest finish. If you don’t have a steamer, a smart and sustainable way to get wrinkles out of the garment is to hang it in the bathroom and let it steam while you take a shower.
The way you store your garments do affect how they maintain the shape and quality. Therefor we’ve made a simple yet important guide for you to follow:
- Blouses and dresses: always store your blouses and dresses by hanging them in a cool dry place. The delicate fabrics we use in our blouses and dresses should not be folded or leaved bunched up for long. Choose padded or flocked hangers, covered in non-slip velvet.
- Tailored clothing: fold your tailored trousers along the crease and hang them on a trouser hanger. The best way to take care of your tailored blazers is to hang the blazer on a jacket hanger that fills in the shoulder part, almost in the same way as your shoulder when you wear it.
- Knitwear: after washing your knitted garments lay your item flat to dry, simple as that. When storing your Mayla knits you should not hang them. Instead - fold and stack them carefully in a drawer or closet to prevent your knits from marks and stretching.
- Denim: Instead of folding your denim we recommend you to hang your jeans to avoid folding marks and to ensure they stay in shape.
Second Life – Close the Loop
How does it work?
- Make sure the garment is clean, dry in a sealed plastic bag.
- Hand in the textile to the staff at the cash desk, in a Mayla store.
- You will receive discount check with 200 SEK off your next purchase at Mayla.
What happens with the garments?
Depending on material and condition of the garment, it will either be recycled or donated for second hand or charity.