53% org cotton, 46% ENKA® viscose, 1% elastane
Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, which leads to improved soil condition, lower greenhouse gas emissions, stronger biodiversity and better health among the cotton growers. Organic cotton also means 62 % less energy and 71 % less water usage on average compared to the sourcing of traditional cotton.
Extracted from Swedish forests, ENKA is a plant-based material with similar characteristics as silk. Based on soft wood from sustainable forestry according to FSC, the fiber is turned into sustainable viscose-yarn in the German factory ENKA. The yarn is woven into fabric in Turkey and finally produced in Portugal.
Plant-based Enka fabric has a HIGG score of 4.
- Location: Seroa-Porto, Portugal
- Number of employees: 55 employees
- Working hours: Monday-Thursday: 08.00-17.45, Friday: 08.00-13.00. 1h lunch break every day
- Certificates: GOTS*, Oeko-Tex® Standard 100
- Signed our Code of Conduct